Thursday 23 May 2013

Steampunk Stamps

I’ve been playing around with my rubber stamp samples from Queen Kat Designs and made this card…

2013May23 rubber stamp steampunk card clockwork blackbird 1I used the Clockwork Blackbird stamp and lightly coloured it with pencil and pen.  The ‘suede’ coloured card blank is made from recycled card and I have coloured the edges with a gold ink pad.  This is one of my favourite techniques at the moment – I coloured the edges of the scalloped circle and cream card strip (across the bottom of the card) with the gold ink pad too.
I also used some of the papers from my Steampunk scrapbooking paper set.  The mini spotty buttons and bakers twine are from my Steampunk embellishment pack.

2013May23 rubber stamp steampunk card clockwork blackbird 3The Clockwork Blackbird stamp comes with the Clockwork Robin – you can buy these stamps and more of my designs from Queen Kat Designs.  The stamps are laser etched and come unmounted – so don’t take up much space!  As you can see from the bird above, the stamps are really detailed.  I'll be making some more samples up with my other stamp designs - so look out for those on the blog soon!

2013May23 rubber stamp steampunk card clockwork blackbird 2

No comments:

Post a Comment