Tuesday 28 May 2013

A sunny weekend…

2013may28 bank holiday sunchine garden flowers `Did you have a good bank holiday weekend?  I made the most of the sunshine by spending my time in the garden :)  
Watching the Chelsea Flower Show last week on tv inspired me to tidy my own garden – with all the aquilegia on flower at the moment it is looking very pretty.  I was also inspired to have a go at some flower arranging.  Normally my idea of flower arranging is to poke some flowers in a vase and hope they stay where I put them!  I found some tips on Pinterest and tried using some clear tape across the top of the vase in a criss-cross pattern to make a sort of mesh to keep the stems in place.
I was actually quite pleased with the outcome – much better than my usual attempts!  This vase contains an allium, bluebells, mint, privet and grass…
2013may28 flower arrangement 1I also made another arrangement in a bowl, not so happy with this one but it was an experiment!  This one is mainly made from lilac and heather.
2013may28 flower arrangement 2

No comments:

Post a Comment