Thursday 21 January 2016

Spoonflower Year of the Monkey contest and Free Swatch Day!

Year of the Monkey Spoonflower contest design entry hazelfishercreations
It's been a while since I last entered one of Spoonflower's contests, but this week's theme caught my eye and I decided I had to have a go!  The theme is Year of the Monkey, in honour of the Chinese new year, and I quite quickly had the idea of creating a design with monkeys in a forest of trees.  The challenge of creating this piece was to make sure the repeat worked with the trunk of the trees not having an obvious join and fitting the branches around each other.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else came up with for this contest!  You can see all of the other entries to the Year of the Monkey contest (and vote for your favourites!) over on Spoonflower... http://www.spoonflower.com/contests/336

I also wanted to let you know about Spoonflower's Free Swatch Day.  They recently introduced a new fabric - cotton spandex jersey.  I think this sounds like a great fabric for sewing comfortable clothing and can't wait to see a sample of this myself!  The free swatch day starts at 10am EST on Thursday 21st January (that's 3pm UK time).  The offer runs worldwide and includes free shipping, so it's a great time to try out a design you've been admiring in the Spoonflower marketplace!  You can see my designs in my Spoonflower shop.

TWITTER-free-swatch-day-cotton-spandex-jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment