Monday 25 January 2016

Positive Thinking

TITLE  hazelfishercreations
The subject of this post is something which I have been thinking about for some time, but it has taken me a while to find the right words and work out exactly what I want to say.  I started this blog mainly for my work; to share things I have designed and made, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to write about other things and mention something that I've not talked about with many people in 'real life' let alone online. But I want to try, because I read other people's blogs and find it helpful finding people with similar experiences and I don't want it to be a big secret, something to feel ashamed of.
I suffer from anxiety.  Some days it's not too bad and others it can affect me a lot.  Everyone experiences anxious thoughts at some time, but if you have experience of anxiety and panic attacks you will understand what I mean, how unpleasant it is and how much it can affect your life; the things you do.
Maybe it seems silly, that it's taken me such a long time, and a fair bit of worrying, to actually not say very much.
I wanted to mention it though, because it was the motivation for an idea of a new series I want to do on positive thinking.  Whether you have trouble with negative thoughts or not, positive words and phrases can be really beneficial.  So I'm starting a new series of hand drawn, positive words, phrases and quotes as a way to both help myself and as a way of sharing positivity with you.  It will also be an opportunity for me to practise my hand lettering.
I already have some ideas of words and phrases I would like to illustrate, but I would also love to hear what positive words, quotes etc you like.  Leave a comment below and I might illustrate them in the coming weeks.
P.S.  I couldn't help having the Morecambe and Wise song 'Positive Thinking' in my head while I drew this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment