Friday 1 May 2015

Spoonflower Contest – Flowers for Mom Border Print

2015 May 01 Flowers for Mom border print Spoonflower fabric design contest hazelfishercreations1I was excited to see the results from last week’s Bees themed Spoonflower contest – my design came 27th out of 502 entries (with 263 votes)!  Thank you to anyone who voted for it!  You can see the winning design, and the rest of the top ten, on Spoonflower’s blog.  I’m getting a collection of new designs together so hopefully it won’t be long before I have enough to be able to order another swatch sampler and then make the new designs available to buy.

This week’s contest theme is ‘Flowers for Mom Border Print’, which involved creating a floral design to run along the selvage edge of the fabric.  The designs will be previewed at one yard size (42 x 36 inches), so I created a design much larger than I usually work on.  I drew the flowers in pen across 2 sheets of A4 paper and coloured them digitally.  The tallest flowers in the final design are about 22 inches tall.  Below is how my entry looks, showing the full width of 42 inch wide fabric…

2015 May 01 Flowers for Mom border print Spoonflower fabric design contest hazelfishercreations2You can see all of the entries to the Flowers for Mom Border Print contest, and vote for your favourites, here:  http://www.spoonflower.com/contest_voters_temp/new?contest_id=301

No comments:

Post a Comment