Thursday 30 April 2015

April Review

April has flown by!  I've not been very good at keeping up with my target of one post a week on the blog, but on the up side I have been getting ahead and preparing new blog posts for the next few weeks.  Here’s a look back at what I did in April…

New designs / illustrations…
It has been a busy month for new designs and I have been listing lots of new printables in my Etsy shop.  I have been filling in some of the gaps in some of my existing collections as well as working on new themes.

I already had printable party collections listed in my shop, which contain a combination of customised and non-customised items (invitation, cupcake toppers and wrappers, thank you cards, name place cards, straw flags, bunting, water bottle labels and welcome sign).  I decided to start making ‘small’ party sets too which are available as instant download – so they’re great if you don’t need customised designs and want to be able to print them straight away.  Each ‘small’ party set contains; bunting, cupcake toppers, name place cards, water bottle labels and straw flags.

I added a small party set to the Ball Games range as well as designing a new collage sheet

2015 April 30 monthly review new printables party set ball games collage sheet hazelfishercreationsThe Hot Air Balloons party collection has been filled out with new water bottle labels, bunting, straw flags and name place cards…
 2015 April 30 monthly review new printables party hot air balloons hazelfishercreationsOne of the new themes I have been working on is the Safari Animals collection, which so far includes an invitation, bunting, cupcake toppers, name place cards, water bottle labels and straw flags…

2015 April 30 monthly review new printables party safari animals hazelfishercreationsI also made an invitation and set of cupcake toppers with just the lion, which I think would be really cute for baby showers or a first birthday party…

2015 April 30 monthly review new printables party lion baby shower birthday cupcake toppers hazelfishercreationsAnd finally I thought I would show you a couple of new invitation designs which coordinate with the papers I shared on Monday – I’ve made these as samples for a 21st and 30th birthday, but they could be used for other occasions too like bridal showers or weddings.  The one on the left matches with my ‘Abigail’ papers and the right one with the ‘Martha’ set…

2015 April 30 monthly review new printables party invitations hazelfishercreations
I have been enjoying drawing flowers recently  and playing around with new ideas.  Larger flowers with lots of petals (like dahlias) can be tricky to draw but it has been good to practise my drawing.  As well as the floral pattern I used for the invitations above (and in my entry to Spoonflower’s Bee themed contest) I have been working on a larger flower border design for Spoonflower’s Flower’s for Mom border design contest.

Garden…
It’s a busy time for the garden, trying to get the borders and vegetable patch tidy and prepared for all the plants I will be growing this year.  I have been sowing flower and vegetable seeds in pots and more of them are starting to sprout.  I sowed some sweet pepper seeds early in the year but nothing came up so I tried some new seeds from a pepper we had eaten.  They were up quickly (within a few weeks) and I now have far more than I need!  So if you’re planning to grow peppers I would definitely recommend using fresh seeds!

2015 April 30 monthly review gardening seedlings peppers hazelfishercreations
It’s exciting to see my flower seedlings appearing too – these are zinnias, I’m looking forward to seeing them bloom as they were lovely on my doorstep last year…

2015 April 30 monthly review gardening seedlings zinnia hazelfishercreations
Other things…
Last month I mentioned that I was looking for a new phone, well I eventually made my mind up and chose the Motorola Moto E (2nd generation) and not the Microsoft Lumia 435 which I was looking at.  The Moto E came out on top in a lot of the reviews I read so it looked like a good choice, even though it cost more than the Lumia 435.  I did manage to get a discount using a voucher code I had in an email – so my indecisiveness paid off in the end!  It’s my first smartphone and I’m still learning how it all works but so far I’m really impressed with it.  Now I’ll have to add a new project to my craft ‘to do’ list and make a case for it!

2015 April 30 monthly review my new smartphone hazelfishercreations
I will leave you with this photo of my birthday cake which my sister and Mum made me at the start of the month…

2015 April 30 monthly review sheep birthday cake hazelfishercreations

No comments:

Post a Comment