Monday 10 November 2014

Spoonflower contest results, 2 for 1 on Fat Quarters

2014 November 10 spoonflower contest teatowel calendar contest results budgie illustration hazel fisher creations 1
I’m so pleased at the response I had to my budgie tea towel calendar entered into last week’s Spoonflower contest!  I hoped that people would like it, as my other budgie designs have been quite popular, but it was still a lovely surprise to receive so many favourites for it on Spoonflower as well as messages from people who liked the design.

There were so many gorgeous entries to the contest with designs on a wide range of themes, I noticed that several of the designs I voted for made the top ten, you can see them all here.  I eagerly waited for the results to be posted and was excited to see that my design came 15th out of 205 entries, with 316 votes – thank you if you voted for my design!  It is by far the highest one of my designs has ranked in the contests and so close to my dream of being in the top ten :)

All of the tea towel calendars were designed to fit onto a fat quarter of Spoonflower’s linen-cotton canvas.  Spoonflower currently has a special offer on fat quarters – buy 2 for the price of 1The offer applies to all fat quarter sized fabrics, not just linen-cotton canvas.

2014 November 10 spoonflower 2 for 1 fat quarters
I have taken advantage of the offer myself to buy some of my budgie tea towels plus 2 fat quarters of Kona cotton, one printed with my Christmas with Love design and another with my Spring Pink Flowers.  The budgie tea towel design will be available for you to buy from my shop soon, but unfortunately it isn’t for sale yet as I need to receive the samples of it first.  You can still take advantage of the 2 for 1 offer to buy other designs from my shop though.

I finally got around to using some of the fabric I ordered a few months ago and made this cushion cover…

2014 November 10 butterfly cushion cover spoonflower fabric hazel fisher creations 1I love how bright and colourful this cushion looks on my sofa.  The front fabric is my butterflies design, printed onto Linen-Cotton canvas and the back is some lovely Aqua coloured Essex Linen which I ordered from Fabric Rehab.  I ordered a fat quarter of each to cover a 14 inch cushion (and had some fabric left over).

2014 November 10 butterfly cushion cover spoonflower fabric hazel fisher creations 3
The back of the cushion fastens with 3 vintage buttons from my collection – they were the perfect match for this fabric!

2014 November 10 butterfly cushion cover spoonflower fabric hazel fisher creations 2
I haven’t decided exactly what I will be making with my new fat quarters yet.  I’m thinking of making a little zipped pouch and I would love to try patchwork sometime too.  What would you make with a fat quarter of fabric?

No comments:

Post a Comment