Saturday 10 May 2014

Mollie Makes kit – rose cross-stitch hoop

2014 May 7 Mollie Makes rose xstitch hoop sewing handmade craft
Here's my latest (finished) craft project; a pretty cross stitched rose made with the kit which came with issue 30 of Mollie Makes.  It was designed by Eline Pellinkhof, a designer, illustrator and crafter - she has lots of cute designs for paper crafts too!

2014 May 7 Mollie Makes rose xstitch hoop sewing handmade craft 2
I've never used ribbons or other embellishments on cross stitch projects I've made before, but really liked this spotty ribbon and lace with the rose.  I'll definitely be wanting to add ribbon to my next cross stitch project!
I decided to keep the hoop plain wood, instead of wrapping in fabric strips like the magazine suggested.  I also stitched a circle of felt to the back...
2014 May 7 Mollie Makes rose xstitch hoop sewing handmade craft 3
I've already started making the kit which came with this month's magazine (which was only out this week) - unbelievably fast for me!  I'll share pictures of that when it's finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment