Thursday 6 September 2012

Fabric remnant cushion cover

I finished another one of the craft projects on my to do list!  I can't remember how long I've had this cushion, waiting for me to make a cover for it.
I have lots of pretty remnants of fabric but mostly they're too small to make a cushion cover from, so I stitched strips of the pretty fabrics onto a larger piece of cream fabric (which was left over when I shortened a pair of curtains - nothing's wasted in my house!).  I also used some ribbon, ric rac and braid to decorate the cushion.  I wasn't sure what sort of fastening to use on the cushion but decided on a pillow case style closing which I thought would be the simplest to sew.
I still have another cushion to make a cover for too - not sure when I'll get around to that!
 
And something completely different - do you remember the 'Picnic in the Meadow' treasury I posted?  It was chosen as the winning entry to the British Sellers on Etsy treasury challenge! :D  So I get to choose an item from my shop to be the featured item for the next challenge - I've picked my Clockwork Kingfisher print.   I'm posting the entries to the challenge on my facebook page or you can see them here: http://www.etsy.com/teams/6966/british-sellers-on-etsy/discuss/10860330/

No comments:

Post a Comment