Wednesday 21 October 2009

Pick of the week

I thought that alongside my 'Quote of the week' I would start a new regular feature called 'Pick of the week'. Being quite a broad title this could include features on a website, book, handmade item or anything thing else which I have come across, like and think that other people may like too!

My first pick of the week is a website; Shop Handmade UK http://www.shophandmade.co.uk/

Rather than an online shopping site like Etsy, Folksy etc it is a directory for UK based artists/ crafters who produce handmade goods. With 15 categories including art and design, jewellery and supplies it brings together over 1100 designers from a variety of online marketplaces.

I came across the site yesterday and have submitted my shop to be added to their directory. Submitting is free and just involved filling in a simple questionnaire. Until my shop is added I won't be able to tell whether it is successful in creating new sales, but I like the idea of bringing together UK artists in one place who would usually sell on separate sites.

There is also a list for designers who supply their goods wholesale, a section for featured sellers and a useful list of events taking place in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment