Friday 9 October 2009

Clockwork Robin...

I have a new Hexley illustration for Christmas! :D It's a Clockwork Robin - what else would you expect to see on a Hexley Christmas painting?!
I was really pleased with how this turned out - it's now my new favourite Hexley piece :) I enjoyed doing the border too - all the holly and cogs took quite a while to do but it was worth it. It reminded me of a few years ago when I spent hours drawing a William Morris style border - time consuming but actually quite fun! I'll have to do some more things like this again soon.
When Edwin Cracknell was asked to make a clockwork animal for Christmas his first thought was a robin. His clockwork birds were held in such high regard that the Clockwork Robin soon became a much sought after item in Hexley.This illustration was drawn in dip pen and ink then painted in watercolours. A print of this illustration will soon be available in my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

  1. I just love all your clockwork birds. All you work is simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait till this is available as a print in your Etsy shop. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments. :) The print is now available in my Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete