Wednesday 23 May 2012

How to make lined envelopes

All sorts of stylish lined envelopes are available for adding an extra special touch to your invitations and cards.  If you're looking for a coordinated look you can make your own...

I wanted to make a lined envelope to match my Pastel Buttons wedding invitation so have used the coordinating paper from my printable scrapbooking paper set - you can of course use any paper you like!

You can line ready made envelopes or make your own from scratch.
I found an old envelope which I carefully opened out and used as a template to make my own envelope from off white cartridge paper.
Make the liner template from an envelope.  The liner should be about 0.2 inches smaller than the envelope and level with the gummed part of the flap.
I layed the liner in the envelope and folded the flap down before glueing to make sure it was in the right place.  Only glue the liner to the flap so that it has room to move when the envelope is opened or closed.
If you're making your envelope from scratch it's easier to glue the bottom flap to the sides after attaching the liner.
Keeping with my button theme I finished this envelope with a little button stitched to the flap..

No comments:

Post a Comment