Monday 12 April 2010

Folksy shop!

Something I've been thinking about for a while now is whether it would be a good idea to open up a new online shop on a site like Folksy. I like Etsy and and am happy with my shop there, but I wonder if the fact it is only in US dollars might put some people off (even though Paypal handles currency conversions automatically).
Folksy
This weekend I did some more research into Folksy. There seem to be pros and cons to Etsy and Folksy - Etsy is a bigger site with more members so more potential customers but it can be easy to get lost amongst all the other sellers. Folksy is smaller so although you are less likely to get lost there might not be so many customers. This was one thing I was concerned about - would there be enough people looking on Folksy to make it worth while listing? It seems that recently more people have been joining Folksy and they are coming out of beta testing at the end of the month. Also, although Folksy is limited to UK sellers only it does have a built in currency conversion for selling internationally. I think the forums could also be good on Folksy - more information relevent to UK sellers. So, I've decided to give it a go!

My new shop on Folksy is http://hazelfishercreations.folksy.com/ I will be selling prints and bookmarks at first and am in the process of stocking up the shop. Any other things like original ACEOs, magnets, crafting kits, vintage buttons etc will just be in my Etsy shop for now.

Has anyone else had experience with Folksy? It would be great to hear what you think! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just taken a look at your Folksy shop, I love your prints, especially DORA, she's brilliant! I hope you'll do well on Folksy,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also took a look at your Folksy Shop. I think it is great, and your bookmarks should be very popular!

    ReplyDelete