Tuesday 7 June 2011

Francis Jennings

Francis Jennings is a man who likes to work with his hands as much as his mind and loves nothing better than to be exploring beneath the waves.  He is well respected as the leader of Hexley's Oceanography Centre and has contributed to scientific advances through his research of the sea.  As part of his research he has also developed a number of vessels including the whale submarine, D.O.R.A. and the 'Jennings Diving Bell'.

For a while I've had rough ideas for new Hexley illustrations floating around in my head but I've been finding it difficult to come up with a working image.  Finally I settled on this one of Francis Jennings.  It took a few days for me to draw in pencil and paint in watercolours, then it was finished digitally with some scanned textures.
Available in my Etsy shop to buy as a print very soon! :) www.hazelfishercreations.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment