Saturday 1 August 2009

Edwin Cracknell's Clockwork Animals

Amongst the inventions of Hexley are Edwin Cracknell's clockwork animals. He spends his time tinkering away in his shop in Hexley town's Port Street. Clockwork birds are his speciality and if it wasn't for the occasional whirr of the cogs you could almost imagine they were alive!I have some lovely prints of this clockwork bird available in my Etsy shop, he is also featured on some button badges and magnets along with other images from Hexley.
Keep an eye out for more of Edwin's clockwork animals appearing soon - I am currently working on a clockwork robin for Christmas! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your work. You should make a clockwork peacock. Also a clockwork Secretary Bird, though another illustrator has one.

    I'm inspired by you to make my own painting of a clockwork bird, so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete