Monday 19 June 2017

Spoonflower Fabric Makes

I love to see my fabric designs come to life, being made up into something, and it is especially thrilling to hear from customers who have purchased my designs from Spoonflower and see what they have made! Here are a few...

The talented Rebecca from Elizabeth's Closet has made these gorgeous dresses, they would be so lovely for little girls to play in! She makes them in a range of sizes, from newborn to 7. You can find Elizabet's Closet on Etsy or follow on Instagram or Facebook. (Rebecca also has another shop on Etsy  where she sells adorable hair accessories: Elizabeth's Bow Shop)

Find the Hot Air Balloon dress here and my fabric on Spoonflower here.

Elizabeth's Closet girl twirl dress made with Hot Air Balloon fabric design by Hazel Fisher Creations
This cute pink donuts dress can be purchased from Elizabeth's Closet here and you can find the fabric on Spoonflower here.


Elizabeth's Closet girl twirl dress made with Pink Donuts fabric design by Hazel Fisher Creations

I am open to requests from customers and am happy to adapt my designs to suit the projects people would like to make with them. This is exactly what I did for Talita of Ella & Mai, who makes and sells cute hair accessories.  I adjusted the scale of my rockets design so that she could make hair clips and bobbles - and she was kind enough to send me some too!

Ella and Mai hair accessories, Rockets fabric design by Hazel Fisher Creations
She has also used my apples design...

Ella and Mai hair accessories made with Apples fabric design by Hazel Fisher Creations
... and I created some new retro flower designs for her too, in a range of different colour ways...

Ella and Mai hair accessories made with Retro Flower fabric design by Hazel Fisher Creations
Ella & Mai is on Etsy, Facebook and Instagram

You can find my designs on Spoonflower here: Rockets, Apples and Retro Flowers


I also made a dress with my fabric!  I used this blue and white butterfly design printed on Spoonflower's Cotton Spandex Jersey.  It's the second time I have used this dress pattern (I blogged about the first dress here).  This time I made the dress a little longer and adjusted the sleeves shape, making them longer too.  I'm still learning how to improve the fit in my dressmaking - it looks ok in this photo but is a little big across the top/ shoulders (depending on how I stand!).  I found the jersey was really nice to work with - it has stretch so is comfortable to wear but isn't too stretchy to sew with.

Jersey Dress, dressmaking, Butterfly fabric design by Hazel Fisher Creations

If you have made something with my fabric designs I would love to hear from you! You can tag me @hazelfishercreations on Instagram, or use #hazelfishercreations when you share your photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment