Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Printables Basics - What are printables and why do I love them?

Printable London Calling British soldier gift box, diy template on hfcSupplies Etsy, hazelfishercreations
On my blog I regularly talk about printables which I design and share project ideas for using them.  I know that a lot of people use printables now, either purchased or free printables (see below for some of the reasons why they have become so popular!), but I also know that not everyone is confident in using them.  I often have questions from my customers asking for advice on how to download or print printables, so I thought it would be useful to put together a collection of posts for beginners (or anyone who wants to learn how to get more out of their printables).

Printables Basics will be a series of posts where I will be sharing tips, advice and step by step tutorials on how you can use printables.  My planned posts will cover:
If you have any questions about using printables, or ideas for tutorials you would like to see please let me know by leaving a comment below!

Printable thank you card and envelopes - hazel fisher creationsIf you are new to printables, here is a brief introduction to them:

What are printables?

Printables are digital files (pdf, jpg or png) which you download (or are emailed to you), which you can print yourself at home or have professionally printed.

Benefits of printables:
  • They take up less space - any crafter will know their stash can easily get out of control! Printables take up much less space than stacks of paper and rubber stamps - you can print them as and when you need them.
  • With Instant Downloads you can have access to the designs straight away
  • You have control over the type of paper or card you print on
  • Printables cost less - you have no postage to pay and it can be a lot cheaper printing what you need yourself for craft papers or for inviations and parties
  • Printables are incredibly versatile - you can resize, change colours and use in so many ways
  • You can print as many as you need

As a designer I also love printables because they allow me to be so creative; drawing a variety of subjects and applying my designs to different products without the need to carry large quantities of physical stock.  I enjoy creating for a range of printable types from scrapbooking papers, collage sheets and digital stamps to party invitations and decorations.  I'm also looking forward to expanding my range of designs for printable planners, recipe cards and envelopes. (You can find all my current designs in my Etsy shop hfcSupplies, or sign up to my newsletter to hear about new designs and receive exclusive offers and access to free printables!)

What do you love about printables? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment