Wednesday 1 July 2015

June Review

As the year goes by I’m sure the months are passing faster - I can’t believe it is July already!  I spent a lot of June working on an exciting project which I was hoping I would be able to share with you by now, but unfortunately you will have to wait a little longer to find out what I have been up to.  Working on secret projects is one of the reasons why I failed to blog during June, but I have been planning more posts for the next few weeks.  Although I can’t show you everything I have been doing, here are some of the things I can tell you about…

New designs…
The summer weather and thoughts of picnics outside inspired the beginnings of a new collection of printables; so far I have created a set of scrapbooking papers, invitation and set of straw flags.  You can see the ‘Summer Garden’ collection in my shop here.

2015 June 30 monthly review printable summer garden printable invitation scrapbooking paper hazelfishercreations
I have added some new printable recipe cards to my Rule Britannia collection, the set contains 2 designs (one with a corgi and the other with a crown) plus a design with extra lines for printing on the backs.  They’re the first recipe cards I have designed but I am sure I will be making some more soon.  What do you think of them – are recipe cards something you like to use?

2015 June 30 monthly review printable recipe cards rule britannia hazelfishercreations

Social Media
I’m determined to learn how to use social media better, I think my main problem is I get stuck for something to say and end up being so inconsistent.  Goal 1 is to update things more regularly!  I’ve been pinning useful tips and articles to this board on Pinterest.  I have also been working my way through my Pinterest boards; updating cover photos, pinning new things and checking that all my boards have proper titles / descriptions.  Do you have any business tips for using social media?  Or just personally, what are your favourite social media sites? What do you like to see on them?

2015 June 30 monthly review pinterest hazelfishercreations

It’s a fairly short review this month, so I’ll end it with 5 of my favourite things from June
  • Strawberries picked from the garden (over 1kg so far and the biggest was 30g!)
2015 June 30 monthly review strawberries hazelfishercreations
  • Blue skies and long hours of daylight
  • Picking fresh herbs like basil which I have grown to use in salads and cooking
  • Planting marigolds in my garden - I love the smell of marigolds too.  Is that weird? I hear lots of people hate the smell!
  • Seeing adorable baby birds – like this family of partridges...
2015 June 30 monthly review partridge family birds hazelfishercreations
What were your favourite things in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment