Monday 27 April 2015

Spoonflower Contest – Bees

2015 April 27 Patchwork Bees Spoonflower contest fabric design hazelfishercreations 1I’ve had a couple of weeks off from entering Spoonflower’s weekly design contests but am back this week for their ‘Bees’ themed challenge.  I had been working on a new flower repeat pattern and decided to use it along with some spotty and chevron patterns to create a patchwork design.  I then added my drawing of a bee in random positions across the patchwork honeycomb.
You can see all of the other Bee themed entries on Spoonflower here (and vote for your favourites too!)… http://www.spoonflower.com/contest_voters_temp/new?contest_id=300

Here’s a larger view of my new floral pattern design in the yellow colour scheme from my Patchwork Bees design…
2015 April 27 Patchwork Bees Spoonflower contest fabric design hazelfishercreations 2I have been enjoying playing around with different colour schemes and variations with this design – the possibilities are endless!  I have used the pattern in some new designs in my hfcSupplies shop on Etsy, including these sets of printable scrapbooking papers; Abigail (floral and other patterns on kraft paper backgrounds), Jessica (yellow, orange and green coloured set) and Martha (floral and other patterns in shades of blue)...
2015 April 27 Patchwork Bees Spoonflower contest floral pattern scrapbooking papers hazelfishercreations 1

No comments:

Post a Comment