Tuesday 24 February 2015

Spoonflower Contest – Mythical Creature Plushie

Dragon Mythical Creature Cut and Sew Plushie spoonflower fabric design contest hazel fisher creationsThere were a lot of entries (324!) to last week’s Sheep themed Spoonflower contest – Viriginia O’s Night, Night Sleep Tight was a lovely winning design, beautifully drawn and I liked the simple colour palette of white lines on a blue/ grey background.  My design came 94th with 118 votes – thank you to anyone who voted for it!  You can see all the entries here.

This week’s challenge was to create a cut and sew pattern to make a plush mythical creature toy.  The pattern and instructions all had to fit on a fat quarter of linen-cotton canvas.  Although I have sewn little toys before I had never designed a pattern like this, so I was looking forward to the challenge of something new!  It was tempting to try and make a three dimensional creature, but with time constraints I thought I should keep the design as simple as possible.  I chose a dragon as my mythical creature and designed it with a front and back body piece and 2 wing pieces to be sewn onto the back piece.
Once I have a sample printed I will show you how it looks made up, then can start offering the fabric for sale in my Spoonflower shop.

You can see all of the entries to the Mythical Creature Plushie Pattern contest here, and vote for your favourites too!  http://www.spoonflower.com/contests/290

No comments:

Post a Comment