Thursday 7 August 2014

Spoonflower Fabric and New Designs

2014 August 07 butterfly fabric spoonflower hazel fisher creations 1Spoonflower had a free shipping day a few weeks ago and I decided to take advantage of their offer by ordering a swatch sampler with some of my new designs and a couple of fat quarters.  It takes a few weeks for orders to be printed and shipped from Spoonflower, then around 10 days to arrive in the UK.  I didn’t want to risk being caught by customs duties so kept the value of my orders down by ordering the fat quarters separately to the swatch sampler.
I had my butterflies design printed on Linen-Cotton Canvas and am planning on using this to make a cushion cover…

2014 August 07 butterfly fabric spoonflower hazel fisher creations 2

butterfly fabric spoonflower hazel fisher creationsI also had a fat quarter of my rabbits design printed onto Kona Cotton – I’ve not completely decided what I’m making with this fabric yet, but am thinking of starting with a little zipped pouch…

2014 August 07 rabbits cotton fabric spoonflower hazel fisher creations 22014 August 07 rabbits cotton fabric spoonflower hazel fisher creations
I almost didn't receive this swatch sampler – the postman had delivered it to a street on the other side of my village!  Luckily the lady who received it kindly delivered the parcel to me. It contains 15 new designs, some of them are my entries to recent Spoonflower contests.  Now that I have tested them out on fabric I will be making them available for you to buy from my Spoonflower shop.

2014 August 07swatch samplet fabric spoonflower hazel fisher creations
As well as the designs made from my illustrations I created these star patterns.  I loved playing with different colour combinations to make these and could have made so many different variations!  The stars are fairly small and would work well on lots of different projects, initially I thought they would be good for zip purses or as a fun lining fabric...

2014 August 07 new fabric designs spoonflower stars hazel fisher creations
There are a couple of Christmas themed designs added to the shop too – it seems early to be thinking of Christmas, but remember if you want to do some Christmas sewing or buy these designs on gift wrap it could take a few weeks for them to be delivered!

2014 August 07 new fabric designs spoonflower christmas hazel fisher creations
The sewing notion themed designs I created a few weeks ago are now available as separate fabrics…

2014 August 07 new fabric designs spoonflower sewing notions hazel fisher creations
The rhinos and farm animals from my entries to weekly contests are also available to buy as well as a brightly coloured chevron pattern, which coordinates with my hot air balloon design, and a new floral pattern

2014 August 07 new fabric designs spoonflower hazel fisher creations
If you buy any fabric with my designs on I would love to see what you make, so please feel free to send me your photos! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment