Tuesday 8 July 2014

Spoonflower weekly design contest – Fishing Lures, Faux Suede and Free Shipping Offer!

Last week’s Sewing Notions themed contest had some lovely entries – you can see the top 10 here!  If you are a member of Spoonflower and vote when you are logged in, you can keep track of who you vote for.  It was interesting to see one of the designs I voted for ended up in the top 10! I came 60th out of 177 entries – thank you for everyone who voted for my design! :)

This week’s challenge has a fishing lures theme, so I was able to make use of the fishing flies I have which belonged to my Grandad.  I actually found this one quite hard to do and it took me a while to settle on how I wanted to draw the flies.  In the end I combined pen line drawings, with coloured pencil and a bit of digital work.
  2014 July 08 fishing fly drawing
Here’s the finished repeat pattern…

2014 July 08 fishing fly Spoonflower design
Voting is still open (contests normally change over on Thursdays) – as always there are lots of lovely designs to choose from!
Vote for all your favourite Fishing Lure designs here:- http://www.spoonflower.com/contest_voters_temp/new?contest_id=254

While I’m on Spoonflower news I thought I would share this little swatch I had printed…2014 July 08 spoonflower faux suede star fabric hazel fisher
The stars pattern, made from my hand drawn stars which were coloured and arranged digitally, is printed on Spoonflower’s new Faux Suede fabric.  It’s lovely and soft, I think it would be great for making cushion covers!

2014 July 08 spoonflower faux suede star fabric hazel fisher 2
Spoonflower has a great offer on today, I’m planning on taking advantage of it by ordering some swatches of new designs.  I want to use some of my fabric in a sewing project too, I’m trying to decide what to make (cushions or zip pouches maybe) and then which design to use!  (The offer ends 9am tomorrow EDT - that's 2pm for us in the UK)
Free Shipping Day
If you would like to see the designs I currently have for sale, here is my Spoonflower shop address… http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/hazel_fisher_creations

No comments:

Post a Comment