Monday 20 January 2014

Some photos from the weekend…

Thought I would share some photos from my weekend with you...
I baked this cake…  It’s a madeira cake with dried apricots and glace cherries inside.   A recipe that we often use in my house, but with a little twist - I soaked, and warmed, the apricots in orange juice which I think made the apricots softer and the cake more moist.  I then saved the juice to make the icing, giving it a hint of orange / apricot flavour and delicate colour…
2014Jan19 Apricot Madeira Cake with SprinklesI also spent some time playing with Basil, my guinea pig – here he is enjoying his fruit and veg bag!2014Jan19 Basil guinea pigThere was a beautiful sunset yesterday – it wasn’t as dark as it appears in this photograph, but the colours of the sky show up better…2014Jan19 Sunset photography

1 comment: