Friday 28 June 2013

Spoonflower samples – fabric printing

2013June28 Spoonflower swatch samplesYesterday I received this exciting package of samples from Spoonflower – a company that prints fabric, wallpaper, decals and gift wrap.  I recently joined the site with the plan to sell my pattern designs  – so soon you will be able to buy fabric printed with my designs!
The samples took just over 2 weeks to arrive, which I don’t think was bad considering they came all the way from America to the UK with standard shipping (they offer faster shipping options at a higher postage rate).  The samples look great – they print on 10 different fabrics, starting at $17.50 (£11.50) a yard for basic combed cotton.
Now I need to sort out which designs I will upload and send off for some samples to check they print ok, then you will be able to buy them!  If there are any of my pattern designs you would love to see as fabric please let me know!

2013June28 spoonflower citrus fruit contest pattern
Spoonflower also hold a weekly themed contest – this week the theme is Citrus Fruits and I have entered the pattern above which I painted in watercolours, then finished digitally.  There are lots of great entries this week – anyone can vote for their favourites here: http://www.spoonflower.com/contest_voters/new?contest_id=199  The top 10 designs with the most votes will be made into a fat quarter bundle.

Update 5th July 2013
The results of Spoonflower's Citrus Fruit contest were announced yesterday. There are some lovely designs in the top ten and although my pattern wasn't one of them I was really pleased to have received 107 votes - coming 145th out of 403 entries, especially as it was the first time I had entered one of their contests. Thank you to anyone who voted for my design! :)
See the top ten entries here: http://blog.spoonflower.com/2013/07/citrus-fruit-design-challenge-winner-and-top-10-finalists-.html#more

No comments:

Post a Comment