Thursday 9 August 2012

Clockwork Chaffinch

'One of Edwin Cracknell's favourite finches is the colourful male Chaffinch.  It's distinctive markings and powerful song make this little mechanical bird an attractive addition to any collection!'
I like drawing birds with bold markings so thought the male chaffinch would be a good choice for my next clockwork bird illustration.  He's been on my 'to do list' for a while, so it's good to have him finished :)
After such a long gap since my last bird I'm on a roll now and am already half way through my next one!   I'm just waiting for the paint to dry before I can scan it.  Hopefully it should be finished in a day or two (if you want to see a sneak peek I posted a picture on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/HazelFisherCreations )

No comments:

Post a Comment