Friday 18 May 2012

So what are printables?

It's only a little over a year since I started designing printables and not long before that I didn't know anything about them.  The more papers I design, the more ideas I have - I never knew how much I would enjoy designing patterns! :)
I thought today I would write a post on how the printables work for anybody who's not familiar with them...
Unlike buying ready printed scrapbooking papers and embellishments, printable papers can be printed and used as many times as you like.  (So they save you money and you have no postage to pay!)  You receive a jpg (or pdf) file with the printable design and then print it at home onto any type of paper or card you like that will go through your printer.  If you don't have a printer you can take it to your local printers.

In my shop I currently sell printables for craft projects - like cardmaking/ scrapbooking and more recently I've introduced party printables - from personalised invitations to bunting and cupcake toppers.  You can keep things simple or embellish them with as much glitter, ribbon, gems etc as you like!

Here's an example of how an order works when you buy a set of scrapbooking papers from my shop.  After you have placed your order and I have received payment I will send you an email with a link to an album containing the high resolution 300dpi jpg files.  Click on the link and this screen will appear...
You will see thumbnails of all the papers in the set.  Click on a thumbnail to view the full size image...
From here you can open or save the file to your computer by clicking on Download.
Now you can print!  For best results I recommend using photo paper and your printer's highest quality setting - play around and see which papers you like best!

If you have any questions about printables please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment