Etsy supplies shop, this tutorial is for my first new kit to make a cute fabric bird notecard.
The kit contains... a card blank, envelope, paper, fabric, ribbon, button, gem, sequin, bead and template. Although only basic supplies are needed to complete the project - (scissors, glue, pencil, a needle and thread) - I will also be using a sewing machine, craft knife, ruler and 3 different types of glue - glue stick, pva craft glue and double sided tape.
1. Cut out the bird body and wing template.
3. Next sew the bird body onto the paper you have just cut. Whether you choose to hand or machine stitch, use a little glue to hold the bird in place.
4. Lay the bird's wing and button where you want them and use a needle to mark the button holes.
5. Lay the sequin on where you want the bird's eye to be and mark with the needle again. Pass the needle up from the back, thread on the sequin then bead and pass the needle back through the sequin and same hole again. Secure the thread on the back.
6. Cut the smaller piece of backing paper to size - I cut mine to 2.5x9cm. Then stick to the card (I used double sided tape and a glue stick).
7. Add a thin line of glue along where the backing papers join for the ribbon.
8. Finally glue the flower gem onto the card.
Voila! A finished fabric bird notecard...