Wednesday 6 April 2011

Sewing Project: Clockwork Bird Purse

Following on from my last post, here is one of my latest makes... a coin purse and keyring featuring two of my clockwork bird illustrations...

I did a bit of research online to work out how to sew the lining and zip in (as well as making it up as I went along!)  The bird on the purse was printed on transfer paper, ironed onto white fabric, then machine stiched onto the dusky pink fabric (next time I'll get some transfer paper that can be ironed straight onto any colour fabric.)

I love collecting fabrics and thought something like this combines my artwork with sewing, so if I make some to sell they will still fit in with the rest of my art shop. 

4 comments:

  1. I think these look great hazel. I think they would appeal to a new group of buyers. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute purse. And a beautiful illustration! The idea of a windup bird is great.
    I love your drawings =^-^=

    Greetings from Holland

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) I'll have to get making some more of these soon!

    ReplyDelete